Life is stressful, to say the least, when you suffer from a medical condition that prevents you from working and earning a living. You may have many worries on your mind. However, the one thing you should not have to worry about is fighting for Social Security disability (SSD) benefits. Let Disability Attorneys of Michigan assist you.
Our firm’s sole mission is to pursue SSD benefits and other disability benefits for clients and their families in Flint and throughout Michigan. By concentrating on this one area of the law, we have developed the skills, knowledge and resources that it takes to file successful applications or win appeals of denied claims. We can put that experience to work for you.
We also treat clients with the professionalism and compassion they deserve. We take the time to explain their cases to them and answer their questions. We learn about the challenges they face, and we help them to find services that address their housing and health care.
Our Flint office is conveniently located at 503 S. Saginaw Street, Suite 504A, which is in the heart of the City of Flint downtown area and near the University of Michigan-Flint. We can provide a free consultation at our office, or we can meet at a location that is more convenient for you. To learn more, contact us today.
We Serve Flint’s Disabled Community
We understand the challenges that disabled individuals face in Flint and throughout Michigan. We work hard to seek disability benefits that can make a difference in their lives, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) – To be eligible for these benefits, you must have a physical or mental condition that falls within the Social Security Administration’s definition of a “disability.” Generally, this means that you must have a medical condition that:
- Prevents you from performing the work you did previously.
- Keeps you from adjusting to other work.
- Has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
In addition to suffering from a qualifying disability, you must satisfy the SSA’s “duration of work” and “recent work” tests. If you qualify for SSD benefits, your spouse, children and other dependents may be eligible for benefits, too.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – You may be eligible to receive these benefits if you suffer from a qualifying disability and have limited income and assets. In Flint, those who qualify for SSI benefits can receive a state-funded supplement and Medicaid.
- Veterans Disability Benefits – Many clients we serve in Flint and surrounding areas in Michigan are veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. They are surprised to learn that they may qualify for VA benefits in addition to SSD benefits. To be eligible for veterans disability benefits, you must:
- Have received a discharge that was not a dishonorable discharge
- Present medical evidence that shows you currently suffer from an injury or illness
- Provide evidence which establishes that your in-service activity caused or aggravated the injury or illness.
When you meet with us, we can help you to evaluate your eligibility for SSD and VA benefits. We can explain the process that goes into filing for these benefits and appealing denied claims. Ultimately, we can get to work on seeking the benefits you are due.
In addition to helping our clients in Flint, Disability Attorneys of Michigan assists a variety of organizations in and around the area, including:
Please contact us if you would like to discuss ways that we can become involved with your local organization.
What Can You Expect in Your Flint Disability Benefits Case?
Disability Attorneys of Michigan helps Flint residents to gather the information they need to apply for different types of disability benefits. We believe it helps to work with a legal professional who knows how to:
- Track down your personal, medical, vocational, financial and military information.
- Gather supporting documentation such as your medical or military records.
- Communicate with doctors about your medical condition.
- Submit your application in a timely and accurate manner.
- Check on the status of your application and keep you updated about its progress.
If you properly prepare your application, you will greatly increase the chance that it will be approved, allowing you to begin receiving the benefits payments that you need and deserve. In some instances, you may be able to receive back pay as well.
Disability Attorneys of Michigan can assist you with filing your SSD benefits application online, by phone (800-772-1213 or TTY 800-325-0778) or in person at one of Flint’s SSA field offices:
1149 Robert T Longway Boulevard
Flint, MI 48503
2021 W Carpenter Road
Flint, MI 48505
Our lawyers and staff can also assist if the SSA denies your application. We have extensive experience with representing clients in hearings at Michigan Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) offices, including:
300 West Second Street
Flint, MI 48502
If the SSA denies your benefits claim at the hearing level, we will help you to pursue further appeals by filing a request for review with the SSA Appeals Council or by filing a lawsuit in the nearest federal court. For Flint residents, that court is:
Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse
600 Church Street
Flint, MI 48502
We also help Flint residents to apply for VA benefits. The process is similar to applying for SSD benefits. You can apply online or in person at the nearest VA Regional Office. For Flint residents, that office is:
477 Michigan Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
If your VA benefits application is denied, you can pursue an appeal before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
In addition to handling benefits applications and appeals from denied claims, our lawyers help veterans to access medical care and other services they are entitled to receive. For instance, Flint veterans can seek medical attention at facilities such as:
4646 John R. Street
Detroit, MI 48201
2360 South Linden Road
Flint, MI 48532
We also often direct clients to the state-operated Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency, which provides a wide range of helpful services to U.S. Armed Forces veterans. In Flint, the agency’s office is located at:
1101 Beach St.
Flint, MI 48502
Our Flint Disability Lawyers Are Ready to Go to Work for You
Going through the application and appeal process for disability benefits in Michigan can be complex, lengthy and – at times – very overwhelming. This is especially true when you try to go through the process on your own. Allow Disability Attorneys of Michigan to ease your stress. We will guide you through each step in your case and make sure your rights are protected.
We charge no fees unless you obtain the Social Security benefits or other disability benefits that you deserve. Contact us today in Flint and receive your free case review.
Flint, MI Location
What Our Clients Say
Samantha: My deepest gratitude and sincerest thanks for your efforts on my disability.